Monday 19 September 2016

British pilgrim performs Hajj 30 times



Makkah, (IINA) - A British pilgrim performed Hajj 30 times and led a group of British pilgrims through the pilgrimage during this Hajj season, Saudi Gazette reported.
Briton Mustapha Mohammad said he is the leader and guide of 200 pilgrims from Great Britain. “I translate for them and guide them through the Hajj rituals. I feel proud to pay my duty in helping the pilgrims of my country. It’s been some years since I’ve been working with the Tawafa Association. Performing Hajj costs SR25,000 if you are coming from the United Kingdom,” said Mohammad.
He added he is happy to be the guide for pilgrims who perform Hajj for the first time. “They are usually so scared about it because it is all new to them. But the happiness on their faces when they complete their pilgrimage is priceless. I gained experience through the many years I performed Hajj. I became knowledgeable about my religion and I built a network of people who can help and guide me,” said Mohammad.
He added the Kingdom is doing its best to make Hajj as easy as possible.
“I, myself, have four sons and they have all performed Hajj alongside their mother under my guidance. My own father performed Hajj twice. His first time was in 1964,” said Mohammad. British pilgrim Mohammad Atheem said he has performed Hajj 10 times in his life.
“I never faced any issues when performing Hajj. First-timers are always nervous but they are happy to complete their Hajj smoothly. We never face any harassment when we return from Hajj to the United Kingdom. We have full right to practice our religion,” said Atheem.

No comments: